We take your privacy seriously, and are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy explains what data we collect, why we collect it and how we use it. It also explains your rights, how you can access or change your information and how to contact us.
This policy applies to all users of our site.
What data do we collect and how do we use it
We collect and process the following types of personal data:
• Name, address, contact details and other information you provide to us when you make a purchase or register for an account
• Information about your interactions with our Site, such as the pages you view and any products you purchase
• Information about your browsing behaviour, such as your IP address and the kind of device and browser you use.
We use this information for the following purposes:
• To process your orders and provide you with customer support
• To understand your preferences and improve your experience of the Site
• To send you marketing communications, if you choose to receive them
• To analyse and improve our products, services and Site
• To monitor and prevent fraud or misuse of our Site.
What lawful basis do we rely on for processing?
We rely on the following lawful bases for processing your personal data:
• Consent: you have given us your consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose
• Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
• Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
• Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law.
Who may we share your data with?
We will share your data with the following third parties:
• Payment providers and other third-party service providers in order to process your orders and provide customer support
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site
• Marketing platforms in order to send you marketing communications, if you choose to receive them.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation
• In order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements
• In order to protect the rights, property, or safety of FurnitureOptimal, our customers, or others.
What data is collected on our websites?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths)
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your email address and other contact details)
• Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
• Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Links to other websites
Our Site may contain links to and from other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personal data.
Storage and retention of data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We may also retain your personal data for longer periods of time if required by applicable laws.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, or access.
International data transfer
We may transfer your personal data to countries other than the one in which it was originally collected. We will ensure that any such transfer is compliant with applicable data protection laws.
Protecting children’s privacy
Our Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16.
Social media accounts
Website notifications (pop ups)
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• The right to access your personal data
• The right to rectify your personal data
• The right to erase your personal data
• The right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data
• The right to data portability
• The right to withdraw your consent, where we process your personal data based on consent.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.